New Designs, and New Adventures!
So Many New Things!!!
As you may have noticed with the shop, and on Instagram, there have been MANY new things happening at Dragon Hoard Yarn and with Dragon Hoard Designs.
- The Spellman Sweater was released on March 1, and all the proceeds for the first 4 days were donated to The Color of Change, one of the worlds leading anti-racism activist organizations. and..... we were able to raise $1284!!!!
Thank you so much for helping with this fundraiser! I seriously cannot believe the love and support we have been shown over the past few days!! I will also be donating a few copies for the #SOLIDARITYSWAP on instagram, which is a yarn/yarny goodness swap, helping to bring us all closer together! So if you have joined in that swap, you may be getting your own copy!!!
With the release of the Spellman Sweater, I have released my new YouTube channel, "That Crafty Dragon"!! It is mainly to talk about my new designs coming out, tutorials for stitches within these patterns, and all my vlogs for my yarny adventures!! .... You may also see some tutorials for cosplay creation, and geeky vlogs in the near future as well!!
- As a thank you to everyone for helping raise this amount, my newest design, The Saturday Morning Sweater, will be released on March 15. Instead of the normal amount, the pattern will be $1 for the first 24 hours!! It is an Aran weight, quick and easy sweater to knit. The construction is top down, and in the round. It's a perfect beginner sweater pattern, and on large needles for a fast sweater knit!
I will be having preorder kits available in the shop this Friday @10:00 AM MST! Previews are going to start coming in this week on instagram, so if you wanted to get your own kit, check out my instagram feed!!
- The Spellbound Sweater will be coming out April 15! It is a bottom up worsted weight sweater, worked in the round. It has some fun bobble textures on the front and back, and shoulder and side details! The Spellbound Sweater is cropped, so great to go over dresses, long shirts, and high rise pants! Testing is in process right now, and kit preorders will be available on March 29 @10:00 AM MST!
There are a few more exciting designs in the process right now, and I can't wait to share them with you when I get back from EYF!! If you are going to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival in Scotland, I will be there the whole weekend. My mom and I will be hosting the podcaster area from 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM for The Girls in the Yarn Cafe!!
- While I'm out of the country, Dragon Hoard Yarn will be having a trunk show in Tucson Arizona at Birdhouse Yarns. The trunk show will be scheduled from March 11 - April 1, or until the yarn is gone!! If you are in the area, go check it out!!
The next two shows will be coming up in May!!
- May 3 - 5 = Maryland Sheep & Wool Indie Pop-Up Shop in Fredrick Maryland.
- May 10 & 11 = Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair in Farmington Utah.
I will be there in person for both of these shows, so come and say "Hi"!!!
Wow.. I didn't lie when I said there have been a lot of things going on at Dragon Hoard Yarn!!
Thank you all for continuing to be a part of our journey! This year has been incredible already, and I can't wait to take you all along for the rest of the journey!!
To stay more up to date on Dragon Hoard Yarn, and our upcoming events and releases, follow us on Instagram @dragon_hoard_yarn